HOME Project Flyer
Have you heard about H.O.M.E.?
H.O.M.E. is a special program that assists people who have psychiatric disabilities and are having problems with their housing.
WE ADVOCATE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DENIED SAFE AND DECENT HOUSING BECAUSE OF A PSYCHIATRIC DISABILITY. WE CAN HELP WITH PROBLEMS SUCH AS:
- Bad plumbing or heating
- Inability to keep the apartment clean
- Being told you have to move
- Problems paying the rent on time
- Not getting the support services you need from your mental health provider or State.
People receiving DMHAS services have many rights, such as -
- Living as independently as they can
- Being informed in advance about changes in services and living arrangements
- Being treated with dignity and respect
- Being involved in making decisions and services
- Making choices without being coerced or threatened.
H.O.M.E. may be able to help you or someone you know who is having housing problems.
The H.O.M.E. Project is not a state agency or a provider of mental health services.
If you want more information about the rights of people receiving DMHAS services, please call:
CONNECTICUT LEGAL RIGHTS PROJECT, INC.
P.O. BOX 350
MIDDLETOWN, CT 06457